Your brand is being defined by your application. For retailers, your web and mobile applications have become key drivers to your success. Millions of dollars are at stake, especially during busy buying seasons where thousands (or millions) of buyers will simultaneously hit your application to browse and make purchases. This is not the time for your application to slow down or fail. Performance testing is a key component of your software development lifecycle (SDLC) to ensure things run smoothly and no glitches are encountered before your big event. According to Akamai, if your shopper’s application experience is poor, it will reflect in lost sales. In another article by Forbes, a 1-second delay in page load time equals 11% fewer page views, a 16% decrease in customer satisfaction, and 7% loss in conversions.
Performance testing is the unsung hero of application quality and stability. Without it, your application may disappoint and your business can be jeopardized. Testing must done right. It must be done quickly and it must be done with the right tools. For most companies, testing applications is a significant bottleneck that adds considerable time and expense to the development process. There are three key areas of performance testing that must be addressed to ensure a solid application and smooth holiday selling season:
- Testing applications against production system resources
- Generating quality test data on demand that is fit-for-purpose and reusable
- Stress testing applications across multiple geos with user counts that will sufficiently replicate real world load scenarios
Many development and test teams are looking for a way to tackle these three issues. CA Technologies has partnered with SOASTA to deliver a comprehensive solution for performance testing. CA Technologies Performance Testing-in-a-Box allows companies to test applications more quickly and accurately by:
- Eliminating cost and access roadblocks to 3rd party or production-sized backend systems that today impede your ability to do true production-scale performance testing
- Provisioning quality, reusable data on demand for any testing scenario
- Scaling load-based testing up to millions of users, across multiple locations, through the cloud
I invite you to join CA Technologies and SOASTA on a brief webinar, as we share 3 keys to improving application performance testing in an agile world. Learn how virtualizing production systems, generating quality test data and stress testing with millions of virtual users can significantly improve the process and outcome of your performance testing.
Spend 1 hour from industry veterans Burt Klein and Dan Boutin, to learn how these new techniques can potentially save you countless hours of inefficient performance testing and ready your applications for the holiday rush.
|Date and time:||Thursday, September 24, 2015 11:00 amEastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)|